This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.
1

Closed

Some forms will not submit

description

I've only seen this problem on SharePoint online at the moment, but the cause of the issue could affect any platform 2013 or later theoretically.

I had hard-code references to the form id WPQ2 in my code. I always knew this was bad an meant to change it a long time ago, but I never got around to it and I finally got bit by it on SharePoint online. The form id is generated dynamically by the form web part, and can change depending on where the web part is placed or other web parts on the page. I suddenly had forms that would not submit on SharePoint online that had been configured and working for months. Debugging the problem I found the form id had changed to WPQ1.

I suspect that this only affects SharePoint online because of the rate of changes in the OOB product in that environment, but it could easily affect SharePoint 2016 once Feature Pack 1 is out.

Anyway, I've modified my code to dynamically find the form id as I should have done in the first place ;).
Closed Oct 20, 2016 at 9:40 PM by mcsheaj
fixed in 2015.01.05

comments