This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Only creator of list seeing form

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:24 PM
Hey,

I'm using SharePoint Online and love the solution and have created forms on two lists.

I checked out and checked in every file in Style Library, then published.

I can see the changes to the list but no one else can, even another Site Collection Administrator can't see them.

What can I do to resolve the issue in SPOnline?

Master page wise we are using seattle out of the box with no modifications because we are in the midst of a migration and have not applied branding yet.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2016 at 12:42 PM
Any time only you can see your changes, it can only be one of two things, file permissions or something is checked out. I know you said you checked in/published all of the files in the style library, but there is another file you have to be concerned with. That's the configuration file for the particular list, and it is saved in the 'Site Assets' library of site where the list resides in a file called spef_layouts_{list_guid}.txt (you can also find this file by clicking the Export button on the SPEasyForms settings page, it opens this file directly). Given that not even other SCAs can see your changes, that file is probably checked out. Check it in and publish it, and if you can, change the settings of that library so checkout is not required (otherwise you'll need to manually go and check it in every time you make changes, SPEasyForms does not deal with checkin/checkout).

Joe
Marked as answer by mcsheaj on 4/28/2016 at 11:08 AM
Apr 28, 2016 at 1:43 PM
Awesome. I found those files in Site Assets but it keeps erroring out saying "You must fill out all required properties before checking in this document." If I can figure out how to get through that I should be good to go.
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2016 at 5:19 PM
That's weird. It sounds like your site assets library has been customized, maybe with an added required field. Theoretically, you should be able to just launch the edit properties page and it should tell you what required field it is complaining about (at least when you try to save).

In the worst case you could just back up any files that are in there using explorer view, blow away the site assets library, and create a new one from scratch (making sure to use the same path and title for the new list).

Joe
Apr 28, 2016 at 5:26 PM
Turns out the Site Assets library in my system requires a title field and the file in Site Assets only writes to "Name". I added a Title to the field and it checked in and is good.

It seems to only happen on creation of a new list, so as part of my walkthrough for end users at my company I'll include going to Site Assets and adding a title.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2016 at 6:08 PM
Edited Apr 28, 2016 at 6:08 PM
I believe if you just turn off require checkout on that library it will work as well. That validation is only done on checkin, and if require checkin isn't on the files will be created already checked in.

Joe