This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Style is jumpy for me

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:31 AM
Edited Mar 16, 2016 at 8:50 AM
Hello,
The first thing i did in sharepoint was to customize the whole page to fit the style of our company. I changed the css quite alot and i think this is the problem here.

When i use the read-only function of speasyforms, when the condition is met, all the input fields move over about 200 px. When the condition is broken they move back. Also the column headers are at start around 24px and if the condition is met they become 12 px.

I tried looking around in the wsp to find a stylesheet so i could change it to be similar to the one i have, but i did not find one. If there is one, could you point me where its located?

After cooling down and rethinking the situation here is what i did if someone is having the same problem:
I added the spform classes to my custom css instead, which i should have done from the start, and i changed the formating to fit my style.

Secondly, i got everything how i like now except 1 thing. The date field comparison between sharepoint ( we are using dd.mm.yyyy format, but the solution is only in mm.dd.yyyy). Am i missing something or is there no option to change the date format?
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2016 at 2:16 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2016 at 4:34 PM
There are actually a few of them that get loaded on forms:

speasyforms.css
jquery-ui.css
jquery.ui.theme.css

In the WSP, the first is in the folder SPEasyForms/SPEasyFormsAssets, and the other two are in SPEasyForms/SPEasyFormsAssets/<yourtheme>, where <yourtheme> is Redmond by default but you may have changed it.

They get laid down in the site collection in 'Style Library/SPEasyForms/2015.01.01/Css' and 'Style Library/SPEasyForms/2015.01.01/Css/<yourtheme>', assuming you have the latest version of SPEasyForms (i.e. 2015.01.01).

speasyforms.css is pretty simple/small, jquery-ui.css is a bit less so. You could certainly modify my CSS (or jquery's), but you have better odds of not having any work to do if you upgrade SPEasyForms later if you just create your own CSS file to override what you need to. There are two ways you can get your CSS loaded:
  1. Add an HTML Snippet container to the page, view source, and put in a link tag that references your CSS. This is fine if you just need to add styles to one page, but that doesn't seem likely to be the case given what you're describing. (Section 3.6 in the manual)
  2. The second is to go to the SPEasyForms site settings and modify the default theme. This is briefly described in section 2.2 of the user manual.
Basically, you can add an additional file to load with a path of something like '~sitecollection/Style Library/yourstyles.css'. This CSS will be loaded by SPEasyForms on every page (not just forms). Obviously, you seem to have already gotten around this, since you already have your own CSS for the site.

As for the date, there is currently no option to change it's format in comparison operations in SPEasyForms. I'd have to give some thought as to how I might do this since there really isn't data type specific configuration in conditional formatting right now. But I'm a little swamped right now, so I don't know when I might get a chance to look at it.

If you are at all comfortable with JavaScript, I can give you some pointers as to how you might change the date format with a pretty simple plug-in, which you could load as an additional file just as described above? Let me know if you're interested and if so I'll write it up (I actually already have a write-up of adding comparison operators on my blog, but it's a little dated and for what you want you wouldn't ideally add operators but rather override the operators I already have).

Joe

P.S. I had an Issuer/Feature going back to my first release to allow for localization for different languages/cultures, but it would be a lot of work and I haven't had the time so I closed it for now. This would obviously be a better long term solution, but if you're willing/able to write a small plug-in it would provide an immediate fix for you.
Marked as answer by mcsheaj on 3/23/2016 at 8:33 AM