This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Adding HTML tags to output

Dec 22, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Is there a way to add html tags to the output of the generated code?

for example:
2 column section I would like to add an <H1> tag
3 column section I would like to add an <H2> tag

This has been an excellent tool, and all of the hard work is greatly appreciated.

Jason
Coordinator
Dec 22, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Edited Dec 29, 2014 at 6:18 PM
There isn't any way to do that right now, but it is on my radar. The way I envision doing this is as a very simple container, that doesn't have any field collections, but can be configured with an HTML snippet. And maybe have the configuration dialog have a rich text editor so somebody who doesn't know HTML at all could still easily produce simple things like section headers, but with a raw source option so more advanced users could have complete control over the HTML. So you could do something like:

Snippet1 (configured with <h1>Title for Columns1 Section</h1>)
Columns1
Snippet2 (configured with <h2>Title for Columns2 and Accordion1 Section</h2>)
Columns2
Accordion1
Snippet3 (configured with <h3 style='color: red'>Title for Tabs1</h3>)
Tabs1

And ideally, advanced users could use it to insert some CSS to override my (or OOB) styles, or even insert some JavaScript.

Starting in January, I'm going to start working on some simple plug-ins (an adapter, conditional visibilty, and a container). The three that I plan to work on first, in order, are:
  • DefaultToCurrentUserAdapter - which will be an adapter that can be added to a people picker field, and on new forms will prepopulate the field with the current user.
  • ConditionalVisibilityExtension - which will add comparison operaters for greater than, greater than or equal, less than, less than or equal, and maybe a highlight state, so you could write rules like 'hightlight Title when Cost is greater than 10' (the highlight state would just make the background for the field bright yellow or something like that).
  • SnippetContainer - this would be the container I described above that would allow you to input some simple HTML, CSS, or Javascript.
These will be the code download for 3 blog posts I'm going to write on how to extend SPEasyForms; I may even try to do some or even all of them as video tutorials too. But they will also be fully working no code sandbox solutions that you can download from this site and install and use with SPEasyForms v2014.01. I'm doing them in this order because I'm basically going from simplest to more complex, and containers are the most complex extension, but I expect to get all three of them released hopefully by the end of February.

Thanks for the feedback,
Joe
Marked as answer by mcsheaj on 1/16/2015 at 1:57 PM