This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Error on configuration save

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:59 PM
I was able to get the solution installed and activated, but when I try to save a new configuration I receive an error message of: The web service returned 409 - CONFLICT. This most likely means you do not have a 'Site Assets' library . . .

I do have a site assets library with the correct name and URL (SiteAssets).
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2016 at 11:14 PM
Edited Apr 13, 2016 at 11:15 PM
In general, I've only seen that when either the site assets library doesn't exist or there is some kind of permissions problem. First, what version of SharePoint? I've mostly seen this error on 2010, because later versions appear to consistently create the site assets library for each sub-site. Just in case, the SiteAssets library has to be in the same site as the list you're configuring. I have had people who thought having one at the site collection root was good enough, but it's not. It can be a little confusing, because SPEasyFormsSettings.aspx is only in the root site, and that's where you go to configure list even in sub-sites, but SPEasyForms writes the configuration back out to the same site where the list resides.

If that's not it, then you need to look at permissions. That's mostly straight forward, but there are some edge cases. For instance, if the configuration file already exists but is currently checked out to somebody else, you will get the same error even if you are an SCA.

Joe
Marked as answer by mcsheaj on 4/14/2016 at 7:55 AM
Apr 14, 2016 at 12:53 PM
Thank you. It seems I was in a sub-site and there was no SiteAssets library there (but there was one in the top collection site). As soon as I created it, everything worked.
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2016 at 2:55 PM
Excellent, if only all problems were so easily solved ;)

Joe