This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Display Form Not hiding columns

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:28 AM
Hi,

First, I want to let you know i signed up just to say thank you for this!!! If I can get this display form to work correctly it's a home run for me. Thank you again.

Now I am having issues with the Display Form not hiding the columns I have chosen to hide from a majority of my users. If i create a custom display form and make that the default the columns get hidden...but then some of my columns move to weird places that they should not be.

I've been trying to mess with this for 2 days, is there something I am doing wrong?
Coordinator
Jul 28, 2015 at 4:54 PM
Yes...no...maybe ;)

By which I mean, in order for me to have any idea, I need a lot more information than what you've given me so far, like:
  • What kind of list is it? what fields are you trying to hide? screen-shots would help.
  • What have you configured in SPEasyForms? i.e. tabs, columns, etc.?
  • What kind of containers are the fields you're trying to hide on?
  • How are you hiding the fields? i.e. what rules have you written for a given field to hide it?
Ideally, I'd like to figure out why the default OOTB form isn't working. If you've created a custom form and made it the default form just because the default form isn't working, I'd prefer to fix the default form. If you actually need a custom form for other reason, that's a different story. I'm sure I'll have more questions when I get the answers to the above questions.
Marked as answer by mcsheaj on 9/16/2015 at 6:59 AM