This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Conditionally displaying HTML snippets or containers based on content type or form type

Jul 7, 2015 at 7:41 PM
Edited Jul 7, 2015 at 7:43 PM
Is it possible to show an HTML snippet on one content type form, and not on another through SPEasyForms? Also, is it possible to show an HTML snippet on a new form, but not on an edit form through SPEasyForms?
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2015 at 7:55 PM
Right now it is not possible without writing a little code. The HTML snippet container allows you to put in script links, so if you're comfortable doing a little JavaScript, you could easily hide stuff on the edit form and leave it alone on the new form, with just a few lines of JavaScript.

It wouldn't be that hard to add it as an option (especially just show on new, edit or display with check boxes would be very easy). I don't know when I'll get around to it but I'll add it as a feature request.

Joe
Marked as answer by mcsheaj on 7/9/2015 at 9:07 PM
Jul 7, 2015 at 7:58 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll go ahead and write some code to hide my snippets based on content type. I have section headings for groups of fields, and by default my snippets are showing on content type forms where those fields are hidden.