This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Form does not display containers in editor or form.

May 5, 2015 at 8:33 AM
I have tried installing the SPEasyForms on SharePoint Foundation 2013. I have gone through the Why Is My Form So Jumpy steps. I can only see items that are in the Default Container. Additionally, while editing, I never see any but the Wizard container in the form view pane on the right. I have dragged columns to the containers as well. Are you able to advise on a solution for this? This product looks great, but I'm unable to get it working currently.

Please advise. Thank you in advance!
Coordinator
May 5, 2015 at 2:13 PM
Edited May 5, 2015 at 11:51 PM
Hi Jeremy,

Before trying the ‘Why is My Form So Jumpy?’ steps, did SPEasyForms appear to be working correctly? I assume so from your description, so if that’s not true the rest of my response may not make much sense ;). It doesn’t surprise me that there may be significant differences in the master page for SharePoint Foundation.

As a general rule, I’d say probably some bit of JavaScript is crashing so the code isn’t running to completion. Either that, or some HTML element I’m expecting doesn’t exist so I’m appending my DOM elements to nothing. That’s not all that helpful, but I need more info to offer much more. If you have any experience using IE developer tools, you could launch that in debug mode and see if you can get more information.

I haven’t used SharePoint Foundation much or in quite a while, in fact I haven’t used SharePoint Foundation 2013 at all, only 2010. And I checked on CloudShare and don’t even see any SharePoint Foundation 2013 VMs I can spin up so it could be hard for me to look at (they do have 2010). But if you could send me that modified master page, I might be able to spot something (click my user name on CodePlex and click the ‘contact’ link to send an email directly, and I’ll respond so you can send me the master page as an attachment and I'll see what I can see).

Joe
May 6, 2015 at 4:50 PM
Hi Joe,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. The forms never did appear correctly, hence the reason I went the 'Why is My Form So Jumpy' route. Before trying your product, I did see someone reference using it with the German version of SharePoint Foundation 2013, so I figured I was good to go.

I will send the modified master page this evening.

Thank you!

-Jeremy
Coordinator
May 6, 2015 at 7:09 PM
Hi Jeremy,

Unfortunately, the modified master page won't do much good if you had the problems before you started modifying it. I suspect the problem is that SPEasyForms depends on something that's not available in SharePoint Foundation (or at least that's slightly different). I have talked with a few people who are using it with German versions of SharePoint, at least one of them 2013, so I don't think it has anything to do with language.

Anyway, I will try to take a look at SharePoint Foundation 2013 at some point, but I can't promise it will be soon. If it's easy enough to fix, I'll do it. If it's not, I may have to list Foundation as specifically not supported. I don't think I have the bandwidth to support and test on two more platforms (i.e. Foundation 2010 and 2013). Anyway, I'll let you know when I know more, but it's going to be a while before I even get around to spinning up a VM to start looking at this.

Joe
Coordinator
May 7, 2015 at 2:31 PM
Ok, the good news is I don't think your issue has anything to do with Foundation or language or anything like that. Someone else reported a similar issue and upon investigation this is what I found:

Somehow a simple one line bug that was found and fixed before AddOns v2014.01.16 was released, didn't make it into the release. The moral is, don't release software the day before vacation ;). Anyway, this bug is described in Issue 37: Containers don't get any fields added in AddOns v2014.01.16, and are therefore always hidden and fixed in AddOns v2014.01.17.

I believe the key is that the Wizard container does show up for you. The above bug was caused by trying to consolidate some functionality of the other containers by making them use some common methods introduced by the Wizard container. In my first attempt there was a bug, I found and fixed it, but somehow that fix was not included in the release. Thus Wizard works, all other containers do not.

Anyway, download the latest AddOns package, v2014.01.17, and let me know if you still have a problem.

Thanks,
Joe
Marked as answer by mcsheaj on 5/7/2015 at 7:32 AM
May 13, 2015 at 4:39 AM
You rock Joe!!! The update resolved the issue.

I'm excited to use your product. I sincerely appreciate you're blood, sweat and tears here. ;-)

-Jeremy
Coordinator
May 13, 2015 at 2:42 PM
Fantastic, you're appreciation is...much appreciated ;)

Joe