This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Option to have accordion expanded

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:49 PM
Hi,

The accordion feature is a great way to section off different areas of the form.

I was just wondering if there is an option to choose to have the Accordion feature expanded or collapsed by default when creating a new form?

Thanks again for all the great work.
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2015 at 2:22 PM
Do you mean have an option to have the first content area expanded or collapsed by default?
Mar 19, 2015 at 1:02 PM
Yes exactly. The example I am thinking of is that I have a set of 5 fields that are hidden and once a category is selected an expanded group list is shown. But in most instances I think the collapsed version is more common.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Coordinator
Mar 19, 2015 at 1:25 PM
I plan to do this in v2015.01, which will probably be another month or two (I've already started working on it). It's not that hard but it does require somewhat of a redesign, so it's a bit much for a patch. I need to change the add field collection dialog into a general edit container dialog, where in addition to adding field collections you could:
  • Change the container type. Since the field collection container are basically all configured the same, there's no reason you couldn't change your mind and decide that your accordion should now be tabs or vice versa.
  • Configure some container specific options like:
    ** Accordion should start fully collapsed or first content area open, and/or accordion should be fully collapsible or always have one tab open. Or open on hover. Or not be autosized. Or be sortable.
    ** Tabs should show vertically on the left or right instead of top of the container. Or open on hover. Or be sortable.
Basically, I just want to expose more of the jQuery-UI options. I don't know how much of this I'll bite off in the first go, but look for this in the next major release.

Joe
Marked as answer by mcsheaj on 3/19/2015 at 6:26 AM
Mar 23, 2015 at 10:30 AM
Ok great.
Thank you once again for a fantastic tool.

Sent from my Windows Phone