This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Suggestion for Field Adapter (autofill feature)

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:54 PM
Edited Jan 20, 2015 at 1:54 PM
I have some cascading fields and would like one field to populate with the contents of a "Details" field from one of the lookup lists based on what is chosen in the previous field. (This field would be read-only.)

Example:

Lists: 1) Category (contains Category name field only) and 2) Skills (contains Category lookup field; Skill name and Details field. The Details field is like a description of the Skill.)

Thanks!
Coordinator
Jan 21, 2015 at 5:37 PM
I'll certainly consider it. When I get a chance I'm going to do a detailed write-up of the adapter I think you're asking for just to make sure we're on the same page (probably in the next few days, if we don't get too clobbered by snow). We'll see where that takes us ;)

Joe
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2015 at 5:11 PM
Hi Erin,

Sorry to take so long getting this back to you, but I've been bogged down in bug fixes, and since some of them were reported by you I assume you understand ;). Anyway, I've written up how I would implement what you're asking for and you can read it here (I wrote it up as a wiki page because the editor is much easier for doing a bunch of pictures than what's available in the discussion forum). When you get a chance, take a look and let me know if that's what you want. If so, I'll go ahead and put it in as a feature request and work it when I get a chance. If not, let the negotiations begin, I'm flexible ;)

Joe
Mar 2, 2015 at 4:23 PM
You got it! Can't wait to test!

Erin
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2015 at 10:36 PM
Hi Erin,

This took a wee bit longer to get to than I was hoping, and was a wee bit harder than I originally estimated, but it is now done and available for download in the latest version of AddOns v2014.01.14. There is documentation available on my blog at: Lookup Detail Adapter User Guide. Hope it works for you.

Joe
Marked as answer by mcsheaj on 3/31/2015 at 3:36 PM