This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Display issues editing forms

Jan 5, 2015 at 12:22 PM
Hi,

I'm having an issue with SharePoint 2013 - when I go to edit a list with speasyforms, the rendering is all over the place. I run it on several lists - and all are OK (ie. I can edit them) but the one I need to edit I can't!

I've disabled MDS as I know it causes it trouble, any ideas after that? I've tried in Chrome, IE, Firefox etc.
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2015 at 11:25 PM
Edited Jan 7, 2015 at 1:06 AM
If most lists are working, but one particular list is not, I'm going to need a lot more information on that list. At a broad stroke, all I can speculate is:
  • There is another customization in play. For instance:
    ** I don't know how much of the documentation you've read, but a OOTB form can be pretty well completely altered in SharePoint designer by modifying the XSLT. If it's altered too much so it doesn't look anything like an OOTB form, SPEasyForms probably won't work on it.
    ** If the master page or CSS is significantly customized, it could certainly lead to the kind of rendering problems you're describing. However, if other lists on the same site using the same master page work fine, that would probably rule out this possibility.
    ** Could even be some other JavsScript inserted through a script editor web part.
  • The other possibility I can think of is that you've found another list type that OOTB doesn't work with SPEasyForms. One that I didn't know about and should add to the not supported list (which right now is Survey's and Discussion Boards).
I doubt if MDS is a factor. The problems caused by MDS is that my init() method didn't fire all the time. When it fires, it draws my modifications just fine. When it doesn't, the form looks just like an OOTB form. Either way, it doesn't render stuff all over the place, and I believe I've overcome those problems too.

Anyway, I might be able to provide more specific guidance if you can provide me with more information about the list that isn't working:
  • Is it on a site with a custom master page? If so: Do any lists on the same site using the same master page work correctly?
  • Ideally, what is the list template id? Or even the list type that it was created from (i.e. Custom List, Announcements)? If you're not sure, maybe even a screen shot would help, in fact a screen shot would probably help a little either way.
Marked as answer by mcsheaj on 1/16/2015 at 1:57 PM