This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

SPEasyForms Questions

Coordinator
Jun 26, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Please start a new thread with all questions concerning SPEasyForms
Jul 7, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Hello,

i tried to use SPEaseyForms on Sharepoint 2010, i installed, but when i pressed on SPEasyForms settings on Ribbon, redirected to not exsisting page http://style%20library/SPEasyFormsAssets. Can you help me to solve this problem :)?
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Try using SPEasyForms at the top level site in the site collection. We may not yet have functionality on subsites but it will be coming soon.
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2014 at 2:49 PM
It looks like maybe some context information I'm using to figure out things like what site I'm on isn't working in 2010. The URL you posted is obviously missing some key stuff, like there is no server and the site relative url is missing too. That's going to make the page pretty hard to find ;).

I just checked and subsites are working fine in the latest version on Office 365. So far I've only tested it on Office 365, but testing on SharePoint 2013 and 2010 is going to be one of the main goals of the next release, at least for basic functionality (like the form opens ;). I don't expect this to be too hard to fix. I've done similar projects on 2010 before and I didn't do anything so differently here.

For now, I'm putting out new releases for show stopping bugs like this as quickly as I can do it with confidence that I haven't broken something else in the fix, but I need to setup a development environment for 2010 before I can even look at this, so its going to be a few days to a week or so. I'll post back here when I have tested on 2010 and let you know if I was able to reproduce your issue. If so, I'll let you know when I expect to have it fixed. If not, I'll post some steps that will allow you to produce some diagnotistic information that will hopefully give me more information on the issue you're running into.
Jul 8, 2014 at 8:10 AM
thanks for your help
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2014 at 4:43 PM
I believe I've been able to reproduce your issues and it is not specific to SharePoint 2010, it is a bug that surfaces in the root site collection of the farm on all platforms due to the way I'm building server relative URLs. I'm basically doing something like:

_spPageContextInfo.siteServerRelativeUrl + "/_layouts/listform.aspx"

which in the root site collection for the farm equates to:

"//_layouts/listform.aspx"

which the browser interprets as a full URL with the protocol omitted, instead of a relative URL, so it tacks on the protocol of the referring page and ends up with:

http://_layouts/listform.aspx"

so it is looking for a server called _layouts (and probably not having a lot of luck finding it ;). In your specific case with the button to get to the speasyforms settings page is trying to find a server called "style%library", which again probably isn't a very profitable venture. The question is, have you tried it on a site collection that is not the root site collection of the farm and seen similar issues? (i.e. something that is on a managed path, like /sites/mysitecollection).

Now the bad news (and it's not that bad) is that after I got past this problem I ran into about 20 2010 specific issues that I had to work my way through one at a time before I got the code working reasonably well on 2010. About a third of them were style glitches and most of the rest were 1 line fixes in JavaScript, but its going to take me a week or so to make these changes in my source repository, regression test enough so I feel reasonably confident I haven't broken something in 2013 or Office 365, and cut another release. So hang in there an in about a week I'll have another release which I'll describe as lightly tested with 2010, which will have list of the issues I've worked through and you can try it out again.
Jul 11, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Tried to install this today on SP2013 Enterprise SP1 and kept getting 500 error internal server error. Tried this with both IE and Firefox and repeated the same behavior.
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Edited Jul 12, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Yes, I've seen it too, I've finally started testing on 2013 and 2010. 2013 does something strange and promotes properties to the SPEasyForms.aspx page, by tacking some XML onto the end of the file. Since the file is expecting to use a master page, this breaks it because you can't have content outside of a content area. If you have custom errors turned on (the default) all you get is a 500 internal server error. Neither Office 365 nor SharePoint 2010 does this.

I'll have a new release out which fixes this issue, probably in a few days. I've switched to using a wiki page, which works on all 3 platforms without any property promotion.
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2014 at 2:16 AM
Edited Jul 14, 2014 at 8:55 PM
I've released v 2014.00.06 ;), which I've tested on a Contacts list in the root site of the root site collection on both SharePoint 2010 and 2013 and found it to work. We've got a lot more testing to do over the next month or so (different list types, field types, sub sites, different browsers, etc.) but I feel reasonably confident you won't have problems where the ribbon link doesn't work or gives you a 500 error. Feel free to post back if you have other issues (or I'm wrong and you have the same issues) and I'll address them as quickly as I can ;).

Please start a new thread for each issue, I'm going to mark this thread as answered.
Marked as answer by mcsheaj on 7/13/2014 at 7:17 PM